Easter Egg Hunt in York for young people with a Visual Impairment

The Wilberforce Trust are holding an Easter Egg Hunt for young people and their siblings up to aged 25 at Wilberforce House in York on Saturday 30th March. The Easter Egg Hunt will take place between 11:30am and 1:30pm. The café will be open and activities will be available from 10:30 am to 3pm. To […]

Education Home

Please choose …. Education and Childcare Support in education (including EHCP)

Transport/Getting Around

Find information about transport and help with travel for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities

Inclusive Spaces in libraries

The following Rotherham libraries are now offering dedicated SEND friendly quiet spaces. See the flyer below for more details.

Regional Hospitals

Here are details for hospital services in the South Yorkshire area. Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust offers healthcare services at Rotherham Hospital and across the borough. You can find out more about the trust on its website: Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (therotherhamft.nhs.uk) It operates at the following sites: Sheffield Children’s NHS […]

Autism resources: A to Z

A Anxiety The 5-point scale for emotional regulation is a visual system that can help to organize a person’s thinking when working through difficult moments, particularly those that require social understanding. See the article below for more information. The 5-Point Scale and Emotional Regulation (Kari Dunn Buron) Autism The National Autistic Society provide information about what […]

A-Z of Health Services

A Adult mental health services (Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust) Adult mental health services in Rotherham are delivered by Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDASH). For more information about the range of services provided and how to access these, click on the link below: Adult Mental Health Services (RDaSH.nhs.uk) […]

Rotherham EHC Hub – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Parent, Carer, Guardian, Young Person or Family Advocate Contributor Link to the EHC Hub Click the link below to access the EHC Hub. Rotherham EHC Hub You can request a needs assessment through the Hub without having registered an account. You will need to log in with your user name and password if you want […]

Education and Health Care Plans

For the vast majority of children and young people, a SEND support plan is all that is required to meet their needs. However, a small number require more support than their school or other setting can provide. These individuals may be referred in for a full assessment of their education, health and care needs under the Children and Families Act 2014. Following this assessment, the Local Authority will decide whether the child or young person requires an education, health and care plan (EHCP). This sets out their individual needs in detail, the provision that is needed to meet these and who will deliver this. An EHCP has a legal status.