Rotherham Borough Council has a statutory duty under The Education Act 1996 Section 14(1) to ensure that it provides sufficient school places for all pupils who are resident within the Borough. It has specific duties to ensure that there is sufficient provision for pupils with SEND where an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan has determined that the provision should be met in designated specialist provision.
With the implementation of the new Education Code of Practice and reforms in 2014 there has been a national rise in demand for education provision to meet the needs of children and young people with Special education Needs and Disabilities. Accordingly the Government has made additional capital funding available to address this need and also created a statutory duty for Local Authorities to understand and address their SEND Sufficiency needs.
The SEND Sufficiency refresh is designed to update and inform the 2017-2021 Strategy at its midway point as Rotherham Metropolitan Borough reviews data and forecasting in relation to need and to inform planning for the allocation of increased government funding.
- SEN Sufficiency PID 2019
- Proposed Sufficency Projects for Rotherham 2019
- Appendix 1 – Appendix Sufficency Strategic refresh 2019
- Appendix 2 – Appendix SEND Capacity Capital 2019
- Special Education Provision in Rotherham 2019
- Specialist Provision in Rotherham revised March 2018-2021 – Sufficiency Assessment
- Special Provision Plan 2019-2021