Specialist Inclusion Team
Formerly Learning Support Service (LSS) and Autism Communication Team (ACT)
The Specialist Inclusion Team (SI Team) are part of Rotherham’s Inclusion Support Services and work within a range of educational settings in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. We are a team of teachers, specialist teachers and autism specialists all with a passion for inclusion.
The Service promotes inclusive practice through consultancy and CPD to deliver its key priorities:
- Early Identification and Intervention
- Targeted support for pupils with severe and persistent difficulties (e.g. Downs, dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism)
- Advice for pupils with difficulties in Cognition and Learning, Communication and Interaction, Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Sensory needs.
- Continuing professional development for schools, parents/carers and volunteers, including the delivery of accredited dyslexia training by Skills and Education Group (SEG) and the accredited training programmes from the Autism Education Trust (AET).
- Development of multi-agency working to best meet the needs of children and their families within the Borough and wider
- Development of suitable environments and settings
- Targeted support for pupils in transition between schools and across Key Stages
- Targeted support for schools in challenging circumstances
We are a traded service and packages of support can be purchased through Trade Rotherham.
Service Leader: Helen Bacon
Telephone: 01709 334087