Rotherham Exclusions Team
The Rotherham EOTAS Team provides resources, advice and guidance to support all parties with the exclusion processes, many of which have challenging and complex issues. These include:
An exclusion helpline (01709 808004) that is available 5 days per week for exclusion queries from schools, parents and carers and practitioners
- Legal advice to head teachers, principals and school SLT on the exclusion process and good practice
- Advice to parents and carers on the exclusion process
- Attendance at Governor Review meetings for exclusions over 15 days in one term, permanent exclusions and Independent Review hearings
- Training to school SLT and staff that have a role in the exclusion process
- Training for clerks to governors regarding the Governor’s Disciplinary Meeting
- Governor training around the legality of exclusions and updated guidance – offered on differing levels of expertise (legal requirement every 2 years).
- Ensuring head teachers and principals follow the legal process for exclusion and the likelihood of challenge is reduced
- Parents and carers receive relevant information and impartial advice on exclusion
- Guidance, model letters and reporting forms provided through the Rotherham Exclusions Toolkit
- Tracking and monitoring of pupils at risk of permanent exclusion
- Contribution to preventative strategies to avoid exclusion
- Signposting parents, carers, school staff and practitioners to other agencies/sources of support if appropriate
- Where requested, facilitation of Managed Moves
- Ensuring that pupils receive their statutory entitlements to statutory education, if they are subject to permanent exclusion/FX over 15 days per term/45 days per year.
- Attend and support Rotherham Social Emotional Mental Health Partnership’s Primary and Secondary Pupil Management groups.
The team can be contacted on tel. 01709 808004 or email: email@example.com